Monday, November 3, 2014

First Week With My Mexican Companion


Hello everybody! 

 


I don´t really have much to talk about since it has been a pretty uneventful week but I´ll do my best.

First is my new companion Elder Macedo who is from good ole Mexico so yep my choice of communication is Spanish or nothing. Honestly my Spanish is pretty good and we can talk and understand each other. He´s a nice kid but sometimes I just need a little break.

The other day as we were walking to our first appointment there was a guy talking to another guy needing to get to the hospital (I still have no idea why) but he was from Orlando and only spoke English so they called me over and I translated to him how to get to the hospital so that was cool!

Veronica. The lady we were supposed to baptize on Saturday never showed up to her Baptismal Interview so it fell through and we talked with the member that has been helping us with her and apparently she gave her back the Book of Mormon and said she doesn´t want us coming by any more so ya still upset and sad about that... We´re going to try and talk to her sometime this week but who knows if that´ll actually happen.

Well my Fasting began at 3 on Saturday and lasted til 6 on Sunday cause we were at the church late so ya a 27 hour fast and I ended it by eating a TON of tacos and afterwards I honestly wanted to just vomit!

One family in our ward, La Familia Muro, has basically adopted me into the family since I am way good friends with their sons Noe and Mizael and I just love hanging out with that family!

Also Halloween happened...that´s about it haha saw some parties but wasn´t able to do anything different just another normal day.

And Finally yesterday we forgot to change our clocks and I´m already never in a good mood in the morning so you can just imagine when I found out I could have slept another hour..I just about flipped out.

 
Ya sorry that was my uneventful, boring, sad week.

Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment