Monday, October 27, 2014

End of the First Cambio!


 
Well this was my last week of the first transfer and it hasn´t been an extremely eventful week but hey I´ll try to tell you all about it anyways!

First off we were at La Comida with this guy who has broken glasses that he wears and has a crazy son whose energy never ever leaves! But he took ONE HOUR AND 20 MINUTES to make us something I could have made in literally 10 minutes so that was a bit ridiculous and that was not even in our area so for all you that ask if we walk a lot I´ll tell you yes we do but on this certain occasion was utterly unreal how much we had to walk. We walked for a straight hour to our appointment and lucky that our appointment didn´t fall through cause if it had I would have had to buy a bunch of food cause I eat when I am frustrated!

Well we also had intercambios this week and I was with Elder Santana (doesn´t speak a work of English) in MY area so yep I had to lead around the whole day so that was interesting but hey I found our way to every appointment and only got a little lost like once so ya I´m pretty good at what I do. But as for Elder Santana he is a good nice guy but I´ll just leave at I really missed Elder Muhlestein haha!

One of our investigators, Veronica, the one with the crazy little girl, is progressing so well and I am so excited for her! Ever since she has started going to church and such her little girl has become more tame and she told us that before she met us she felt an emptiness in her life and after she started going to church and activities she felt like that empty spot was filled and she had another family that she felt comfortable around! She is getting baptized this Saturday so we´re excited!



The other day the other Elders that live above us had intercambios so it was straight white guys so we had a "Gringo Party" Haha so we ate popcorn and candy and it was just good fun.

We had to go up to Reynosa the other day for my companion and on the way back the buses we ride show movies so we saw Star Trek 2 so that was pretty sweet! And yes I know that´s "against the rules" but really on a bus with screens everywhere and it being on the speakers there is no avoiding it.

 

 
We found out about Transfers and I am staying in my area and getting a new Trainer who is Mexican. Yipee! (full of sarcasm) And Elder Muhlestein is being made Zone Leader and headed off to Vayrmosa or however you spell it so I´m pretty sad about that.

And for a story I know you all have been waiting for... We ate in this shack like house yesterday and guess what.... FLIPPING HUGE SPIDERS EVERYWHERE!!! I was literally about in tears and about had a panic attack!! I ate that food soo fast and stood up and waited for everyone to be done as I held in all the tears! Ran out of the house right after and just took a bunch of deep breaths. Also as we were walking away there was a guy either totally drunk and passed out on a bunch of bricks or he was dead...I never found out which one it really was so that´s cool.

Love and miss you all!

Elder McQ
 
 
This brace on my neck is a joke just so you know haha




Familia Salizar Torres so that guy and his son will be baptized in probably 2 or 3 weeks depending on his health.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment