Monday, October 20, 2014

Chep Chep


Pues I´m not really sure how to tell about everything that goes on around here but I can try.

First is about this lady we are teaching named Olga and she is actually a teacher at a christian church so that´s good fun! It actually is though haha she prayed and believes that the Book Of Mormon is true but believes God has branched out and all this stuff but no matter as long as we can find her at home and keep teaching her I think she will be baptized.

 
Also you could say I´ve been here for a good amount of time (4 weeks) and it wasn´t til just recently that I started having stomach issues with the food and what not but no worries I have medicine and I am feeling a ton better. But I kinda need more Ibuprofen so if that could happen that´d be neat.

I know this probably isn´t that "appropriate" but it was funny. So we were at this member´s house and the sons are both returned missionaries and I was talking to one of them and he asked me "Am I a Beaner?" And I said "Yes you are haha." And he was like and would you be offended if I called you a cracker and I said as long as I can call you a beaner haha! So ya you could say we get a long really well!

This past week we had zone conference and that was really fun and us new missionaries were taught a lesson by Hermana Moralez about health and our poop and when it is healthy and when we need more water and what not. It was all good fun and I got to talk to Elder Hale again so that was sweet!

The other day walking out our house for the day my companion started laughing and pointed down and I realized that I forgot to put on shoes and walked out in my sandles so that was a little emberrasing.

We were at another ward member´s house and they were having a party for their son who I am really good friends with and his girlfriend was there and for his 15th birthday we gave him a Law of Chastity Pamphlet and the parents thought it was super funny!

During a lesson we were teaching with an investigator that is progressing very well she started nursing her 3 year old daughter right in front of us and let´s just say we were very confused to what was happening. But they came to church and the girl was actually decently behaved and trust me that was a miracle!
 
I had my first major Bible Bash and that was nuts! Ha this guy did not understand that the priesthood and the Holy Ghost are 2 seperate things! So as this was happening I tied it into the Restoration and we got talking about how we do everything that Christ did and the guy told us all about that and we were just like exactly man you got it! But then I told him how Peter James and John gave Joseph Smith the Priesthood and he said how did they do that they were dead, they can´t come back to the earth and my response¨made him regret his entire argument..."Jesus did it". And he then stopped talking and allowed me to teach so ya the Restoration can win any Bash!

Church yesterday was crazy with fasting and praying the entire time that our investigators would come to the church or atleast the chosen family La Familia Salizar Torres. And they were not walking in and it was freaking us out cause they are too down to get baptized on the 25th so we prayed and prayed in sacrament and someone tapped me on the shoulder so I looked back and behind the Elder who tapped me on the shoulder there was the Golden Family walking through the door and I couldn´t have been more happy!

 

Well that´s all the stories I have this week! Love and miss you all!!

 

Elder McQ







No comments:

Post a Comment