Monday, October 20, 2014

Nerd is Life


Well this past week has honestly felt like a whole month! But I loved seeing the pictures of everybody in Cali and hearing all is going well at home!
 
To begin my stories I´ll start with the Fam. Salizar Torres! We´ve been teaching them for a while being the dad and his son cause the daughter and mom are busy all the time!! But this past week we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all that good ole stuff and afterward Isael the dad said I have to admit I had some doubts at first but now everything is so clear! Then he gave a summary of the whole lesson again to show us what he got from it and basically just taught it again cause he UNDERSTANDS IT ever so perfectly and he would be getting baptized this week but his health was doing pretty bad on Sunday so he didn´t make it to church yesterday so we are still figuring out what we can do for him.
 
We talked to the Hot Dog guy again and it was really interesting but at the end of it we were doing all we could to get him to accept a Book of Mormon but he just felt bad for taking it and it was honestly really annoying so then I said "Like when you gave us the hot dogs because you said God gave it to you, we want to give you this book cause God gave it to us." And lo a behold it worked and he took the book of mormon so we´ll see where that takes us.

Also we had a lesson with this other lady and we were talking to her and said which church do you think is true and she said "Your church the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints" And we were a little taken back and asked if she would like to get baptized into our church and she said Yes. Ha really weird experience but pretty cool until we found out she is in a relationship with a married guy so that´s going to be a little difficult. Also I feel like she is one of those people that will just agree to whatever thing we say if it is true or not so I don´t really no how to take it haha.

 

Also we had a missionary activity this week for the ward and it was a Noche de Hogar or Family Home Evening and it was super fun and we played games and the 4 of us missionaries gave little talks or thoughts and I conducted it so that was interesting and I think everyone understood me but I´m still not sure but hey the Bishop liked the activity so much that the ward is going to do a ward family home evening once a month now cause of us so ya it´s whatever!!
 

 

During me and my companions free time we have been making rules and a chant for being considered a true nerd haha so that´s been a lot of fun and don´t worry I have it all written down!

Also last night, don´t be shocked or worried at all but we were riding a taxi home and the driver I guess didn´t realize the car in front of us was coming to a stop so we slammed right into them and it was an accident like in the US someone would be all over someone and it´d go to court and all that but here they both got out and talked about it for a bit and then left and the driver took us home haha it was a really weird experience!

 

Well that´s all the stories I have for today!

 

Love and Miss you all!

Tanner

 

Ps I´ll write people individually later and send pictures but I only have 5 more minutes on the computer right now but in a while I´ll have another hour.









No comments:

Post a Comment