Monday, October 6, 2014

Halfway through first cambio...


Well there many things to talk about so I´ll get right to it cause time is limited as always!


First last week we bought new ties and I got a super fly skinny tie for 30 pesos and 13 pesos is a dollar so you can do the math!

 
Also we were walking down the street and said what are the odds we get a chili dog soo of course we did it and we got talking to the chef guy and he wanted to talk in English so that was good and we talked to him about who we were and such and we got talking about God and it was all really good and when the chili dogs were all done he said "Don´t worry about the money, God gave me this and all that I have and I want to give this to you." So that was really sweet!

 One day while walking down the street me and my companion felt we should talk to a family we passed so we went back to talk to them and I presented so I started off everything and halfway through we noticed they were crying so we immediately jumped into how God blesses families and the gospel and such and they agreed to meet with us again so that´ll be good I think and ya it was just a nice experience.

 We went to one of our investigators house and you can tell she is not going to progress cause she just doesn´t pay attention or try listening! After everything I say she says ¿Como? and it´s like I know my spanish isn´t that good and I know you can understand me! And I just stopped saying things cause if she did that one more time I was going to call her out on it and I was just super frustrated and afterwards my companion was like ya I don´t think she´s interested at all anymore cause you were understandable and she just wasn´t giving us the time of day. But after we went to the Family Salizar Torres and they are the best and gave us food and the Father and the son are so into it but the sister and the mom are just not but are still way nice! But they didn´t attend Conference so that sucked and now their Baptism Date gets moved back!

Me and Elder Muhlestien while waking around the streets look at the housed and think about how to build them on minecraft so that´s good fun haha. Also every now and then we purchase little Halo Figurines and collect them so it´s a good side hobby we have.

 Another experience I had this week was I got to bless a house a ward family just moved into!

 
Also got fed spicy wings this week by and investigator and pizza by another investigator so things are well!

 

One house we were at there were mosquitos eating us alive which happens everywhere but it was really bad!! So the lady put a towel over me and got oils and rubbed our arms with it and it was just a really weird thing haha.


Conference!!! Was just incredible and was over super fast! Favorite talk was of course Elder Bednar cause he is incredible but oh my gosh all of us missionaries were freaking out over the Jorg guy! That said his 6 points, ya, he was phenominal along with that other guy from the 70 that spoke like second on Saturday AM sesh I think! And yes I watched all the sessions in English including Priesthood so that was good!
Also helped my friend Noe Muro with his English homework so that was really good to do something I actually knew!

 But ya that was basically my week! So spanish is still coming slow and me and Elder Muhlestein get along great and life down here is still really hard to adjust to so there you have it!

 Love Elder McQ

No comments:

Post a Comment